Since this month is all about love I thought I’d share a fun hobby! I LOVE looking at model homes in my area. It’s a great way to see current trends in home décor and keeps you abreast of the housing market. Even if you are not actively searching for a home, viewing new construction can still be a great learning experience and motivational tool.
Cute and Cozy…
For a special Galentine’s Day activity my good relator friend Nykole and I went to view new construction townhomes in my area. We had an absolute ball and enjoyed every minute! Here are a few fun tips to follow if you are viewing model homes in your area for inspiration.
I loved how the natural light poured into this room. The neutral colors were also nice.
- If you’re allowed, take photos of the décor elements you like. Did the designer use a color palate you never thought about? Take notes of your favorite features, as well as your least favorite.
- Check out the current trends regarding fixtures, paint color and furniture. A simple paint and fixture update can work wonders in your own home for a refresh.
- Don’t forget to notice the landscaping and outdoor living space. Curb appeal is huge for your overall home appearance. With warmer months approaching, this would be a great time to begin your outdoor living task sheet.
- Ask your spouse, family or girlfriends to join you! For example, if you’re seriously dating this would a great way to get to know someones living preferences. In addition, although many new construction sites are safe, it’s good to go with someone.
- Look into local home tours in your area as well. For example, HOMEARAMA® new home tours are usually conducted in more major US cities and many others are done during the holiday season.
Happy House Hunting,